Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Dior Venis Electric Blue 606


The boldest and brightest blue nail polish I own.  This is Electric Blue, one of five colors from Dior's limited edition collection, inspired by Anselm Reyle, a German contemporary artist.

Two years ago, I would have shyed away from this color. It was much too bright, and perhaps a little too shocking for me to wear. However, today it's a totally different story. I am quite a bit more daring when it comes to nail color. I don't mind my nails making an entrance before I do.

Electric Blue is the perfect name for this color...


The vivid royal blue borders shocking; definitely a "in your face" blue. People will notice your fingers with this color on.



Though barely noticeable on the nail, there is that infamous Dior shimmer. This color is a bit off in the following picture, but I wanted to show a close-up so you can see the shimmer in the bottle and on the nail.


I wore this to a girls night out party at a salon, and my nails got a lot of attention. A very daring and unexpected color for me, but definitely shows a fun side to my personality.



Application was indeed a dream. I'm very fond of the Dior formulation and this was no different. I also find that Dior nail polish are pretty fast drying, and with incredible shine. I used two coats here, and because I was in a rush to get out the door, I also used a fast drying top coat.



The Anselm Reyle Collection was released earlier this year, and was exclusive to Saks and Dior boutiques.   

No comments:

Post a Comment