Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Nostalgic Nail Lacquer Pride


Deciding on what I was going to wear on my nails for Memorial Day was easy.  My newly acquired bottle of Nostalgic Nail Lacquer Pride was the obvious choice.  Plus it was sitting there, on top of my computer desk, just screaming to be worn.

Pride is described "a patriotic mixture of red, white and blue glitters in various shapes and sizes, topped off with a hearty dose of star shaped glitter."  This is one of seven limited edition glitter shades, from the summer collection, Seven Deadly Sins.  I am proud, not ashamed to say, I have acquired six out of the seven in the collection.



I don't know what made me decide to use silver as a base color.  In my mind, I had imagined it to work out better than it actually did.  Overall, still not too bad.  The star and white bar glitter are kind of incognito against the silver backdrop.  But if you look close, you can see it there.


My base color was three coats of Zoya Trixie.  Maybe I could have gone with just two coats, but I found Trixie to be a bit thinner and watery than I would have liked.  Then, two coats of Pride was added.


With glitter top coats, you have to use the dollop and spread method, which is exactly what I did here.  I had a bit of trouble trying to get my glitter in place.  As you tell by my middle finger, I accidentally ended up with a bit too much glitter there.  I think this is pretty typical of glitter top coats;  sometimes I get lucky, and sometimes I don't.  Then again, that's the beauty of it.  Maybe not for a semi-control freak like myself.


To combat the bumpiness, I added a nice coat of Gelous, followed by a coat of Poshé quick dry top coat.
Overall, I am satisfied with the combination I used, though I look forward to trying out other layering options, something a bit more adventurous.

Are you loving Pride?  You'll have to see the other 6 sins Erin created for this collection over at Nostalgic Nail Lacquer store.

2 comments:

  1. It looks awesome over silver base:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it over the silver! :D
    I can see the white glitter just fine.

    ReplyDelete