Sunday, April 8, 2012

An Easter Mani

Good evening everyone!  For those that celebrated Easter, I hope you enjoyed a wonderful weekend with family and friends.  We are pretty low key here, but my kids sure do enjoy their Easter basket goodies.  Chocolate bunnies and jelly beans galore; what's not to love, right?  Well, I am now patiently awaiting for their sugar high to come crashing down.  Believe me, it can't come soon enough. 

I am still working through my stash of "untrieds" and weed out the colors that are not working for me.  Pastels are not colors I normally reach for, and I don't own many colors falling in that category.  I'm trying to step of my comfort zone and try something different.  Needless to say, Easter is the perfect opportunity to challenge myself.  

Honestly, I am not very good with nail art, and work has been extremely time demanding these past couple of months.  I haven't had time for myself, forget about putting thoughts in planning out my mani.  I usually grab whatever color is close, usually that has been whatever nail mail has just arrived. 

Creative nail art I am not.  I just needed something simple and super quick, and this was the result...


A combination of Essie Nice Is Nice and OPI Rainbow Connection.


I actually started out with just pastel nails, using Essie Nice Is Nice.  But after 2 coats, I found the coverage still rather sheer.  Then, I had an idea to add glitter and make it a glitter sandwich.  My prior attempt at a glitter jelly sandwich was rather unsuccessful, so I hoped for better luck with a different variation of the same concept.


After laying down a third coat of Essie Nice Is Nice, I did a coat of OPI Rainbow Connection.  Yes, folks, that is 3 layers of base color.  And topping another coat of Essie Nice Is Nice over the glitter, then adding a good layer of fast dry top coat.


I'm rather pleased with the result.  Definitely liking this much more than my glitter jelly sandwich mani.  My 5 year-old loves it and wants me to do the same with her nails.  I think this is a fun look and will be doinng more experimenting with layering glitter.

The kids are on spring break, so it's time for me to return to the family for movie night.  We're ending Easter with what else, but the movie, Hop!  

5 comments:

  1. Your quick grabbing turned out a gorgeous manicure as always. I want to have your nails when I grow up.....;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I never would have thought to use that Essie for a jelly sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks grat, I never did a glitter sandwich and I will definitely try one :)

    ReplyDelete