Friday, January 13, 2012

Project Red: Essie Fishnet Stockings


Hot!  That's how I would describe Essie Fishnet Stockings.  A true crimson crème, with a slight darkness to it, making it even more alluring.  I don't know what it was that attracted me to this one... maybe the gorgeous color, or perhaps the sexy name on the bottle.  Either way, I couldn't resist it.  Apparently, I am not alone on this one.  I read somewhere that Fishnet Stockings was Dita Von Teese's signature nail color.  Well, I can certainly see why Miss Von Teese would favor this classic red beauty.

After application, my first thought was that the color looked a little light than it appears in the bottle.  The red is vibrant, but yet a bit muted too so that it's very wearable.


It's not so bright that it's screams cherry red, and there is no orange in it at all so it's very wearable for all skin tones.


The color deepens indoors, which I would associate it as being similar to blood red.


The formula was good, though it felt like it had a slightly thinner consistency.  I didn't have any application problems; and the two coats I used provided nice coverage.

I don't know what it was, but wearing this color on my nails felt sexy, and a bit naughty.  Perhaps it was the name, and that subconsciously, I couldn't get Fishnet Stocking out of my mind.  It was like having a sexy secret...  When you wear lacy lingerie underneath a pair of comfy old jeans and t-shirt.  Whatever it was, I give Essie high props for her smart marketing on this one.  And the fact remains that Fishnet Stockings is one hot looking red!

5 comments: