Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Chanel Le Vernis Graphite 529

This past weekend, I had a intimate company holiday dinner to attend.  I bypassed the glitter since I didn't want anything too flashy.  Then I realized my bottle of Graphite has been sitting in the drawer for months, and it would be the perfect color to wear for my event.

From the Illusion d’Ombres, fall 2011 collection, Graphite, limited edition color, is a metallic mix of silvery-pewter and gold, very foil-like and glittery shimmers.



The formula was really nice.  I usually find foil-like colors to be very watery and sheer, but Graphite seemed to have a better consistency than most I've tried to date.  As nice as the formula is, it's not a one coat polish.  A second coat is needed to even out the color.  Graphite may look a bit gritty to the eye, but it's not; it dried to an absolute smooth finish.

I found the color to be very pretty, even though it's not the most flattering shade on me.  I think it brings out the warm tones in  my skin, though I tend to be more cool-neutral.  However, I will say this is a very elegant and classy color, perfect for a celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment